A guide that helps you “buy social” with presents which give twice.
Each gift you buy this holiday season can have a significant impact on your community. Thanks to the newly launched Social Enterprise Gift Guide, extending the impact of your gift giving is now easier than ever. Drop traditional “Black Friday” and other marketing offensives, which encourage you to buy and consume ordinary consumer goods with limited life expectancy. The Guide features a wide variety of products created by Canada’s diverse social enterprise sector, representing for-profit and non-profit organizations, cooperatives and B Corps.
Want to give impak Finance shares for Christmas? It’s possible!
With the Holidays who approaches, we offer you the possibility to buy shares of impak Finance in order to give them for Christmas. A responsible, ethical and sensible gift which will please everyone! We are in the process right now to integrate our shares to the Social Entreprise Gift Guide. The guide includes a broad range of products and is fully searchable by product type, price range, region and other categories.
Here’s a “Top 5” of our best picks:
- 100% Wool Dryer Balls that replace the need for fabric softener and dryer sheets – completely chemical free! (For the Love of Laundry)
- The Reveer backpack is handcrafted locally by refugee and immigrant women using recycled fabrics and coffee jute bags.
- Eco-friendly, creative accessories (jewels, dog collar and belts) made from recycled bicycle tires and tubes by homeless and at-risk youth. (United World Voices)
- Kids cookbook for healthy and affordable eating. (summerlunch+)
- Textbooks for Change is a top rated B Corp that provides affordable and accessible educational material to students around the world.
This is a landmark opportunity to increase social enterprise sales and to build awareness of social enterprise in Ontario substantially. The Guide is available in English and French (ESontario.org). This project was made possible thanks to a collaboration of various community organizations and the financial support of the Government of Ontario. You can find the full catalog of 100+ products and services online at https://seontario.org/social-enterprise-gift-guide-2016. Thanks to our friends at Innovation Works London for the useful discovery !
If you’re a social enterprise and you’d like to showcase your products & services please fill out this form. (Deadline: December 9)