impak Finance mission is to put finance at the service of the social impact economy.
impak Finance achieves this by incorporating the latest financial technologies into its products, by redesigning the user experience, and by implementing the principles of collaboration, participation, co-creation and transparency.
Our business vision is to bridge the gap between impact companies, investors and citizens by offering them an easy and rewarding way to use their money daily as a catalyst for social change.
Junior Impact Analyst
impak Finance! We’re a close-knit family that uses the power of finance to create a fairer and more sustainable economy. Working with us allows you to transform your daily grind into an opportunity to make a real difference for our planet. Sounds good, right? Then what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to talk to you.
Join our 2nd group of analysts!
We are looking for several analysts. They will be trained on impact theory and our extra-financial analysis tool. Experiene in or knowledge of one of the following sectors: banking, insurance, energy and real estate, an asset.
- Mentoring on the impact theory and training on impact measurement
- Training on our impact scoring and qualification tool
- An amazing and hard-working team of creative people
- Flexible working hours, possibility for occasional remote work
- Group activities, babyfoot table and happy hour with your teammates
- Located at the heart of the Mile-End, a five minute walk from Rosemont metro
impak Finance has developed a solution to measure the environmental and social impact of businesses and investment portfolios. The solution is called impak IS2 (Impact Investing Scoring Solution). It is based on the qualification methodology of the Impact Management Project (IMP) - a framework of impact standards known internationally - and UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our solution provides portfolio managers with reports and tools to invest where the expected positive impact on the people and planet are generated. In this context, impak Finance is recruiting impact analysts.
What we ask
- A diploma of college studies or a bachelor’s degree
- A good knowledge of environmental and social issues
- A prior knowledge of impact criteria (an asset)
- A passion for social entrepreneurship and the positive impact economy
What you need
- A great sense of analysis and research (analysis, documentation, translation and summarising skills and communication of commercial data to the tech team)
- A critical mind (to fight against greenwashing and impact washing)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Rigor and attention to detail
- To be autonomous, proactive and show initiative
- To know how to balance solo and teamwork (good communication and collaboration skills)
- To be fluent in French and English (write, talk, read) mandatory
Under the care and wing of our impact specialist, you will
- Guide businesses through our online impact questionnaires (Q1 and Q2)
- Analyse their social and environmental impacts
- Research various topics related to sustainable development, due diligence and case law
- Analyse and present your analysis through the impak IS2 tool
- Help continue developing and improving the product and the impak Score™
- Analyse and help improve decision algorithmes
- Any related task contributing to the development of impak’s expertise
You want to get involved with a dynamic team of change makers serving an innovative project? You’ve followed us from the start or your just overly enthusiastic about our mission? Send us your resumé and cover letter ASAP at [email protected].
Foreign applicants must have an authorization to work in Canada.
impak Finance is committed to employment equity and diversity. To this end, we welcome applications from the following groups: women, indigenous people, people with disabilities, visible minorities, people whose sexual orientation or gender identity are different, or anyone else really. All qualified candidates are invited to apply at [email protected]
Note that only successful candidates will be contacted.